Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Crispix

As I sit here eating my bowl of Crispix, I think which story should I put on my blog first. Not that any of them are very interesting but still. And does it really matter because do I still have any readers. Probably not many at least, but oh well here goes nothing.

Time out...Need to reload the cereal bowl...Okay thats accomplished

A few weeks ago, I went to get my eyes checked. It had been 2 years since I had last gotten them checked and my glasses were all 3 years old. Since I seem to wear my glasses a lot more, I thought I might better get them checked to make sure I dont need a stronger perscription. Luckily, my eyes havent changed much from the 3 yr old perscriptions which was a good thing.

While there I asked about contacts, they said that I could definitely try them and see how they work. So today was the big day. I flew in from work and went straight to the eye dr to try on contacts. Truthfully, it didnt take oh 40 mins max to put them in, take them out, and put them in again. Definitely different, though I think I like the idea of not having glasses again. My eyes are quite use to them yet but we will see how things go. I can wear them 4 hrs today and increase 2 hrs per day up to 14. Then I have to go back to the dr for him to do something. So we shall see.

I do have a quandry...do I put them on prior to going to work, which will require more time in the morning that I already dont have :-) or do I put them towards the end of the day at work and wear them all night til bed. Any suggestions especially from those who have contacts is much appreciative.

Tonight has another fun twist to it as well. After graduating from college, I moved back to campus and was an RD in the Phi Mu Sorority house for 3 years. During that time, I was always around Phi Mu so I really didnt think much about joining the alumnae chapter. After moving off campus, life was still busy and not much time for other things plus I was still involved on campus with other groups. In the past year, I stopped all direct campus involvements though I am still involved at other levels with some organizations. So I contemplated joining the Alumnae chapter here in Lexington, then as you all know I got a new job and life was all up in arms of where I was going to land. (Which is another story that I will share shortly). but the short of it is that I am going to stay put for a little while longer. Being that I decided to see about getting involved in other things though only as a participater as life is so busy already. So tonight will be my first Phi Mu Alumnae event, which is taking place on the Transy campus in the chapter room. I am excited to see people that I havent seen in awhile as well as meet other fellow Phi Mu ladies in the area.

Well this is long enough for now. More stories to come. Hope everyone is doing well. And those enjoying sunny Floriday...please bring the weather back with you. We have had 5 inches of snow in 3 days...and more expected tonight. Granted it all melts away quickly with 50 degree days but still. I love my winter but I am tired of looking at barren ground and brown trees for 2 hrs a day :-)

No comments: