As New Years Day comes to a close, its time to reflect on the year past. I know for one that you guys did not hear from me a whole lot this past year especially as of late. So I am probably lucky if anyone is actually still reading my blog and interested to hear what is going on. But thats okay I will share for those out there still listening.
2005
Prayers and Praises
- Would like to remember my uncle Dale, who passed from this life to eternal life, in June.
- For my aunt Debbie as she continues her battle with breast cancer.
- For all my friends and family who got married or enaged in 2005.
- For all my friends and family who received new children into their lives in 2005, and are expectant of 2006 babies.
- Thanks for a successful year of YAACK and may the new year bring new energy.
- As I discerned to pursue a career in higher education and for the continued application and interview process.
What Happened
- I did get to enjoy the sites and surroundings of New York city, including a Yankees vs Cubs game.
- Was chosen to participate in the Alpha ODK CLT2 program
- Successful ODK Province X Conference and Academic Year for Province X
- First canoeing trip, and hopefully not the last. Though I hope to have more water next time, and maybe be in better shape.
- Didnt make it through the holidays without getting sick unfortunately. Maybe the holidays during the first half of the year where better than the last half. Nothing like being sick for each major holiday.
- My car is now 3 years old and approaching 84000 miles.
- Failed on 90% of my goals for 2005. We will have to see what we can do for 2006.
- Had a mole removed from my right cheek, receiving 17 stitches to close it up. It is healing just fine and was not cancerous.
- Did succeed in putting up my Christmas Tree and getting out my Christmas decorations.
- Georgetown College played UK for the first time since 1938 and resulted in a respectable game.
Purchases/Gifts
- Finally got a new printer, which is wonderful. It been put to a lot of use as of late.
- Dad decided I needed to move into the digital world so I received a digital camera for Christmas. (I have no clue what I am doing) And yes I still have my 35 mm camera and using it :-)
- Working DVD player without the sound system (DVD player received last Christmas has broken again and currently has my Harry Potter movie)
- New Speakers for my computer
- Down Comforter for my bed (very nice and warm)
- USB 2.0 PCI card
What didnt Happen
- Didnt make it to a St Louis Cardinals game in the old stadium
- Didnt move to Louisville to some peoples happiness and others sadness
- Didnt make it to a Reds game either
- Didnt complete all my grad applications like planned
There is the quick overview. I will try my best to write more in the New Year.
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment