Sunday, June 04, 2006

Update on Life

I will not promise to keep this up to date. I think by now we all know that is not going to happen. I do plan on trying to keep it more up to date upon start of grad school, so that all of you in Kentucky and scattered across the countryside, have a clue how I am surviving in Grad School. Of course, I make no promises though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The plan for the next two months:
Work 6 more weeks and let them know in 2 weeks for a 4 week notice.

Leaves 2 weeks to pack and move.

Tentatively looking to move Sat. July 22, if anyone is interested in helping out here, Bloomington, or both :-) Once I secure an apartment and think things over a bit more, I will let everyone know the definitive move date. And I will need help as my Dad is working both weekends though they may come up the middle of that first week to pack the car full to take back to Paducah.

GA Position starts August 1st

School starts Aug 28 with Orientation the weeks prior.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment Search
I believe that I have finally narrowed it down to a 2 bedroom apartment about 1 mile east of campus.
- 740 sq feet
- All electric
- Nice area with Bike/Walk trail to campus
- Friendly management
- Bus Stops close as well
- I put an application in this evening so we will see what happens next.

Truely I just want this part to be over so that I can go on to the next big challenge.

I have secured a bank in town so that is one big step. I just have to wait for my current direct deposit to be redirected over there and I can close my checking account here in town.

If anyone has a good checklist of all the things you need to do when moving, please forward it my direction. There are so many things that you have to look at in changing your address on its insanity.

I believe I am going to change my residence back to my parents house that way one I dont have to deal with the change of state citizenship for a few short years.

Well its time for some sleep. More later.

No comments: