Sunday, September 01, 2013

Healthier Living: Ocho

La Semana Ocho -- 209.6
-------------------
La Semana Dos -- 206.8
La Semana Uno -- 207.6
La Semana Cero -- 206.8

You have not heard from me because the intentionality/dedication has not been there, and it is hard to write about going backwards instead of forwards. Granted a couple weeks ago, I was close to the 212 mark so things have gone back down a bit.


Though I have not loss weight, I have not been a total bum either...

Flexibility class continues to happen on some regularity to irregularity depending on the work day, Monday - Thursday. It is a great opportunity to step away from the desk, relax, and engage in conversation with others in the building or that sit right next to me.

I attended one active training class, cross-training, which about did me under. My lung capacity was hurting and my arms and quads were definitely feeling it the next couple of days.

Amazingly, I have done a few other activities and found the soreness to be minimal compared to my expectations...
  • White Water Rafting (1st Adventure..more to come)
  • Helping in the new youth space tear up/transport carpet and a couple hours of sweeping up parquet flooring & dust.
  • Indoor Karting -- 4 trips in a week span plus an autocross event (3-8 min races, 2-16 min races, 3-8 min races, 6-8 min races w/ 3 in a span of 4 consecutive races)
Other activities over the past month include...
  • Autocross events and walking the course
  • A couple hour walk around downtown
  • A hiking adventure and walking around the rafting campsite
  • A 15 minute massage
As I have been reading today to really achieve this I am going to have to become intentional and schedule the time otherwise other things will always come before and I will continue to falter and slide.

Praying that your goals are coming to fruition unlike my own and if not that we may work together to encourage one another towards those goals of importance!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Keep at it, you can do it!!