Not only has it been about a month since I have updated my blog, it probably has been that long since I have read any of yours. So I am sorry for that. I hope everyone is still doing well.
Life has been extremely busy for me.
October actually was full of nice relaxing weekends though a lot of preparations.
Spent one weekend in Lebanon, KY on Retreat with fellow YAACK members. We had a wonderful time out in nature away from the daily events of life. All went well and completed one more thing on my long list of things to do.
The following weekend was the annual Jaguar Rally for Area 51 of the Jaguar Club. GE, my rally driver, and I participated in the 2 day event in Louisville, KY. We had a wonderful time driving around Oldham and Spencer Counties. The only non-Jaguar team completed first overall for both events. Results can be found on the Jaguar Rally website under Cat's Meow and Cat's Pause events.
The following weekend was Georgetown College's Homecoming, which was a wonderful time to meet up with some folks, I havent seen in years. Always an enjoyable time to say hi to old friends, and see their spouses and children. I am definitely getting old as so many of those who I graduated with or went to school with now have a couple children.
The first week of November was another filled week with Thursday being both a wonderful day and tough day. For the past year, I had been debating whether or not to get a decent size mole removed from my right cheek. The mole has been there all of my life and in recent years was getting infected and growing a bit. Having family history of melanoma, I decided it was best to go ahead and remove it than keep it until it did become cancerous. So Thursday morning, a friend took me to the plastic surgeon. I had debated whether or not to be put under but everyone at YAACK the night before said that it really wasnt that bad. Well I dont know that I will believe them again next time. Maybe its not too bad if its not on your face but it was not an enjoyable experience at all. The local anesthetic shots were very painful, but thanks to my friend, I was able to make it through. When I left I had 17 stitches in my cheek, with a nice bandage over top of it. The following Tuesday, stitches were taken out and steri-strips put on. We still have to see how much scarring that I will have.
Of course, the big event in November was the Georgetown vs UK basketball game on Nov 9. It was a great exhibition of Georgetown College pride in Rupp Arena, as well as a well played and respectable game by the Tigers. I look forward to more match ups between the two schools. The crowd was quite amazing and you definitely could turn around without bumping into someone from Georgetown College. The crowd was scattered with 'ACTUAL' Orange, and I believe even more scattered with Georgetown Alumns afraid to visibly show their Tiger pride over thier UK Blue. Georgetown fans in ways would have loved to seen a victory over the UK Wildcats, but many of us attend with the desire for a respectably played game though a UK win. As our UK pride, truely wouldnt want to see the CATS loose in an exhbition game, even to our Alma Mater.
Last Saturday was another Rally event, this time taken place in Lexington and sponsored by CKRSCCA. The event was well attended by 9 teams, and allowed GE and I to take on our true competitors in CKR, whom some seemed to be hiding from us. It was a day fun filled with friendly competition. GE and I had a great event, as for once we did not miss or make a wrong turn. We had only one big mistake and that was following the interval mileages and not the official mileages. As the interval mileages were incorrect and landed us an extra minute behind on leg 2. Thankful it was not enough of an error to push us out of 1st place overall.
The Miata Team of GE and I completed the year with:
3 - 1st Place Finishes
1 - 2nd Place Finish
Enjoyed another UK game on Monday, which was not as good of a performance as I would have liked to have seen. The real test will be this coming Monday against Iowa in the conclusion of the Guardian Classic in Kansas City.
The conclusion of this week put me under the weather with strep so not a whole lot happening except for going to work and coming home and resting. Sorry for the long post. We will see if I get better at posting more frequently.
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment