I come home from a long weekend in Louisville to my comfy apartment and take a nap. A couple hours later, I hear the fire alarm beeping, as if the battery is low. Confused, I go check it out but cant see anything as its getting dark outside and is all cloudy. Flip goes the switch, no light. Flip another switch, no light. Oh no, now what. Flashlights, where are they, not where they are suppose to be unfortunately, but I was able to fuddle through the box from last weekend and find one of them.
Then I realized that the power was out throughout the complex. Great!! now what, should I pack up and head back to Louisville, which I had just left about 4 hrs earlier? Should I just hang out and hope that it comes back before its too late?
I decided the latter because I still need to get things done here and it seemed a bit silly to drive back to Louisville, where I had just left. So I lit a few candles and talked to some friends, until finally about 9 pm the power came back on. Now I guess, I better get to work on cleaning and such.
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment