Three weeks from today, the journey eastward through the west begins. The question of the day is what do I need to take with to Seattle, to buy there, to buy and ship there, etc.
Camping...never been done that I can recollect so the newbie needs some advice.
Hiking...have done but still untrained.
ADVICE WELCOMED
Thoughts...questions.......
** Sleeping bag --- Has the time come to invest in a new sleeping bag? I have a very old sleeping bag that has some sort of weather rating, but unfortunately all the tags are gone from the bag. There is nothing on the bag that tells me anything about it. If the suggestion is to buy a new bag, any suggestions on the type, brand, needs of the sleeping bag?
** Walking stick --- Is this something that would be good to have? In ways it seems like money not well used but in other ways I can see the need for a walking stick and you cant always find a good tree branch.
** Special Socks --- How important is it to have special socks? And if so, what are you looking for in such special socks?
** What are the other essentials needed for hiking, camping, etc?
All advice is welcomed no matter how simple, common sense it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Give me a call sometime and I can help answer your questions. I will say now that special socks will sure make hiking more enjoyable!
Post a Comment