Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Health Update - June

Another visit to the doctor and some great news. The doctor is not ready to put me on any type of cholesterol medication at this point. Still going to see what the other medication does and how my continued weight loss improves my cholesterol.

Below is an update on my cholesterol from the last testing three months ago.

Total Cholesterol dropped another 7 points. (Lowest it has been since Oct 2004)
Triglycerides dropped 66 points. (Lowest it has been since Oct 2004)
HDL's increased 6 points to be on the border line of in range.
LDL's did not change and still a bit high.
Overall Ratio dropped .9 but still in the high range.

According to the doctor's scale, I have lost 15 lbs since February and two pounds since my appointment in May.

Current Weight 181 lbs.
Total weight loss thus far 26 lbs. Goal of at least 6 more by mid-July.

Weight was based on a reading this morning on the office scale. I was actually shocked to see the loss of 4 lbs because I had been staying steady for many weeks now. We will see how the upcoming hiking and camping adventure affects this loss/gain.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Great job!! I'm starting to workour myself and I think I have lost 2 lbs., maybe 3. Keep up the good work!

BeNotAfraid said...

Thanks Kasclar and good luck with your workout! I have noticed where you have been going to the gym a lot lately. I still need to get into the gym myself. Granted the upcoming weeks of hiking should help.