Monday, November 17, 2014

La Semana Diecinueve: Towards Healthy Living

Welcome Winter & the First Real Snowfall!!!

La Semana Diecinueve: Monday, November 17, 2014 -- 210.0  lbs
La Semana Dieciocho: Monday, November 10, 2014 -- 211.2 lbs
La Semana Diecisiete: Monday, November 3, 2014 -- 211.6 lbs
La Semana Dieciseis: Monday, October 27, 2014 -- 209.4 lbs
La Semana Quince: Monday, October 20, 2014 -- 211 lbs (15.8 lbs -- 15 weeks)

La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

This week marks the conclusion of physical therapy. I had two appointments this week on Monday and Wednesday. She finished the iontophoresis treatment and the soft tissue coconut cream treatment. She said that everything there was looking better and improving. Therefore, the other things that she is doing are exercises/stretches that I can take home and complete myself. So now I have to stay dedicated to doing them.

I also asked about when I could start hiking again. She said when I can walk without pain. Really not what, I wanted to hear as I was really hoping to get out sometime soon, if I could find a free moment to try to do some hiking.

The doctor said things appeared to be improving the movement of pain towards the ankle was a good sign. I wasn't feeling pain/numbness shoot down the foot either when he tapped at the top of the foot. Though the top of the foot still has numbing sensation and there is pain when I press down on my foot or pull up on my toes. Plus there is pain around the ankles from all the exercises. He said there is still neuropathy in the ankle area. I am to increase the cream treatment to at minimum 3 times a day. I return to see the doctor on the 15th of December until then I will work to continue my exercises and increase my hip and ankle strength.

Once I get back out hiking, we can see if anything good has come from the hip strengthening to improve the knees.

Monday -- Physical Therapy & Home Therapy; 16-min kart racing :)
Tuesday -- Home Therapy
Wednesday -- Physical Therapy (last one for now) & Home Therapy; Flexibility
Thursday -- Home Therapy with a lot of new exercises. Good thing I know my ABC's as I have to write them with my foot on a daily basis. Flexibility
Friday -- What a long exhausting day...I did my ankle therapy but not the hip therapy. My hips needed a break.
Saturday -- Ankle and hip therapy. Also attended a church workshop on the Gospels & Pope Francis. Then did a bit of standing at church at the Young Adults & Professionals table during the Stewardship Fair.
Sunday -- A lot of standing again at the Stewardship Fair. Not as good at stretching three times throughout the day but did get the actual exercises completed.

PS Please pray for safety of travel for all in the snow, especially me until the tires get changed out as they are not snow worthy tires.

No comments: