Monday, October 12, 2015

Año Uno y La Semana Catorce: Towards Healthier Living

Año Uno y La Semana Catorce: Monday, September 12, 2015 -- 210.6 lbs

Año Uno y La Semana Cinco: Monday, August 10, 2015 -- 213.8 lbs
Año Uno: Monday, July 6, 2015 -- 213.2 lbs (-13.6 lbs)
Año Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

Wow so six weeks have passed since I last blogged. I am not totally sure where the past 6 weeks have gone but I do know a bit.

The first week ran into Labor Day weekend in which I went home to see the family and raced on Sunday with the Western KY folks, which was a lot of fun.

The next weekend was Family Camp with church. I did a lot of walking/hiking, went for a swing on the giant swing, worked on my archery skills, and had a ride on the back of a horse. Overall a great weekend out in God's beauty.

The next weekend was sharing and preparing folks for our 2016 Guatemala trips and the start of packing. Yes, I said packing.

The rest of September was spent packing up my apartment to move. I am now living with a group of folks and most of my belongings are packed away until I decide the next step in life.

Amongst all of this, we have started another 3-on-3 basketball competition at work. My legs are holding out a lot better this time though falling on your rear end via the momentum of two guys hurts and continues to hurt especially when you spend the next week packing.

The first weekend of October was a weekend to catch up plus several church related events so not a ton of relaxation.

This past weekend was a full weekend that ended in Lexington with the boys and racing on Sunday. Racing on Sunday was magnificent as I raced in a borrowed Mustang and did quite well on my final run pulling out a 1st place in class, 23/46 in RAW, and 7 in PAX. I also beat out my co-driver also in a borrowed car on that last run.

Through all of this apparently, I am either not eating enough or getting enough workout that I have dropped a few pounds as of this morning. I was a bit surprised when I got on the scale this morning but I got on at work and it too was much lower than usual.

At the beginning of November, I took my measurements again. I was not down in any sizes but my body fat index was down a little over a point, which was exciting. We will see what another month brings.

I will try to get into a better routine of writing at least for a few more weeks before I leave for an extended vacation.

I hope you are all doing well and have not abandoned me. Thanks for reading and walking with me on this journey.

No comments: