Sunday, August 21, 2005

Long Weekend at Work

Yes it was that time of the year again for another release before OE starts. Though after being here for a bit over a year and this being my 3rd major release, I will have to say this went the smoothest of all of them and I actually got some sleep this weekend.

It started out by attempting to sleep in on Friday morning, which did not work that well. I walked into work about 12:30 pm to start getting everything lined up for the 8 pm deploy start time. All went smoothly and I was out of the office and in the hotel by 1 am Saturday morning.

Attempting to sleep all of Saturday morning til about 9:30 am, when it would be approaching that time to prepare to go in for another long day at the office. Sleep was apparently overrated because I didnt do a whole lot of it, but thats okay. Saturday morning about 10:30, I rolled back into the office to hang out for the duration of development and user testing.

Fortunately, all went fairly smoothly with very minor hiccups, by evening I was zonked and hungry. With a little food in my tummy, I rested and enjoyed my evening. I did get some much needed sleep on Sat night.

Today, as I sat through church, it wasnt a struggle to keep my eyes open and not fall asleep, like it has been in the past. I believe I will actually get to enjoy this day. I did run into the office real quick to check on the database backups and backup drive space. Fixed the issues there and its now off to see what my friends are up to. Hopefully they will be out of church soon and free to hang out, if not I will rest and relax as I much need to do.

Another Release survived.

No comments: