Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Caught in Cream and Crimson or Maybe Just Gray

It is Tuesday afternoon and I am sitting in class awaiting the start of class, along comes the professor, who is an associate vp of student affairs. As he walks by me, he tells me that he saw a picture of me, which I in return replied "what". He goes on to say that it was a picture from the IU game and I was sitting in the student section prior to the start of the game. All of which is very feasible logic because I did sit in the student section at Saturday's game and was there prior to the start of the game.

I was very perplexed at the fact that I was in the local paper and had no clue of this, except for a professor telling me that he believed it was me in the picture. I came home that evening and with access to the local paper online tried to do a quick search for such picture. I did not have any luck with pictures tied to Saturday's game in the HT or IDS so I went on to a meeting that I had that evening.

In the meantime, I did send the professor who was teaching law class an email to see if he by chance could provide proof that such a picture exists. I figure he just might still have the paper at his home. He responded back today that he would see if it was and he was not positive it was me, but would see.

Still in search of a copy or proof that I have been caught "Crimson" handed in IU attire, I checked with my supervisor today to see if she gets the local paper and the fact that apparently I was in the paper. She says no but we have it online and must find it. She was very enthusiastic about this and went on a hunt for a picture of me in the HT. I am not sure what word search she used, but all of a sudden I hear there you are. I still was in shock until I finally saw the picture and the related article.

The article was about students not being in their seats prior to the start of the game and the new debate that is going on about changing the student sections around. There has been a couple different controversies around this lately, but I am glad to see someone finally call out the students on not being in their seats. I can see both sides of the story to some degree because student season tickets are fairly easy to come by as long as you have the money to pay for them. The thing is as soon as you make it harder to get tickets and reduce the number of tickets, students are going to complain that they don't get enough seats. Its a win-win or lose-lose situation. We will see what happens for next year. I personally hope it doesn't get too much harder to get tickets because I like not having to wait in lines for hours to get tickets.

Though I rarely post pics on my blog, I will post the pic of me at the game on time, especially since there is no visible proof of the supporting team on my person :-) (wow....i sound like i am in law class)



Picture from the Herald-Times.

No comments: