Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Go Hoosiers - Basketball Spirit does Exist

Wow...that is definitely one word for tonight. I am still trying to recover from hearing loss and loss of feeling in my hands. I probably didn't yell quite enough to lose my voice tonight though we will see how it things sounds tomorrow.

Hoosiers knocked off #2 Wisconsin tonight at home in a heart pounding second by second game for the majority of the time. I am definitely glad that I had seats in the student section for this game. It most likely will be one of the best if not the best games of the season for the Hoosiers in Assembly Hall. And finally after attending over a half-a-dozen games in Assembly Hall this year, I actually felt some Hoosier basketball spirit. The entire fan base was into this game and so was the team. In addition, I am impressed with the fact that the student body actually had the majority of their seats filled prior to the start of the game, unlike all previous games. (See other post)

It was the first game that I can remember being at that the student body rushed the court, which in itself was quite an experience. And no I did not rush the court and instead slipped out the back and got home before the crowd left the arena and filled the streets.

No comments: