Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter is Finally Here

Finally on Tuesday morning, I woke to a nice dusting of snow on the ground and a chill in the air. I bundled up and headed to the bus stop and on to work. To close the evening off, I headed off to the IU vs Iowa game in Assembly Hall. For the first time this season, the weather actually felt like true cool, crisp basketball weather. If you saw the score do not be fooled, the game was a blowout. It was a mental issue by the coach and the players that resulted in such a close game at the end. (If you would like me to expound, please let me know and I can. Otherwise I will not bore you with my analysis.)

The first two weeks of classes are over though only half of my classes have met both weeks so there are still lots of questions of how the semester is going to play out. I am a lot more confident about the semester now that the syllabi are in front of me. It will be a busy semester but not an impossible semester. Plus I finally get to attend my first University Faculty Council mtg this coming Tuesday because Law class is canceled to bad its just a teleconference and we are not actually meeting in person.

Funny but true story----
As my friend (L) and I returned to her car after the game, L walked to the passenger side of the car, while I walked to the drivers side. L had the keys to the car and was prepared to unlock the care with said keys, while I on the other hand was ready to wait by the drivers door for her to unlock the car. Then we both looked over at one another and started laughing hysterically at not one but both of our actions of trying to get into the wrong side of the car and at the same time mentally acting as if we were on the correct side of the car. So you may not find that as funny as we did last night, but it was quite amusing. The semester has already made us delirious and it just started.

And on that note my deliriousness is going to work a bit more on a project and see about getting some sleep.

No comments: