Thursday, May 31, 2007

Getting in Shape Take 2

As mentioned in the spring, I signed up to have a student personal trainer to assist with a class in the HPER last semester. Now I am officially on the contact list and have signed up for the summer experience. There are 4 sessions in the next week and a half.

Technically this should have been the second session but the young lady got her time messed up and failed to show on Tuesday. I did go ahead and hit the track and the weight room by myself since I was already at the SRSC. It really was not too bad though I did not have a lot of time nor a routine to follow. I need to get the routine from the last trainer or maybe the new one will have a good or better one. We shall see. I am a bit pessimistic about this young lady compared the young gentleman last semester.

I was a little sore yesterday from my own workout plus an extra hr plus walking to campus and back for the rest of my afternoon activities on Tuesday. Yesterday, I was tired and sore so I walked to campus but caught the bus home. My left knee/leg seems to be giving me some problem so we will see how that goes today.

I have found a new motivator to get in shape, which I forgot along the way at some point. I really want to go canoeing again this summer, if we can figure out a good date for everyone. It would be great to have a little more strength in my arms so my canoe partner is not having to do extra work because I am a weakling. In addition, losing a few pounds would assist us in not having as much weight to push around. We will see if this happens.

I better get ready to go workout again. Hopefully I will be able to continue the process this time instead of getting sick, sunburned, and out of commission for a couple weeks.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Good luck with the personal trainer; I hope you get a good routine from her. Don't know if we're still pursuing the canoe trip or not. Chris seemed a little pessimistic that we'd be able to find a weekend and he wasn't too sure about the water levels. He hasn't mentioned it since we brought it up when you were last here. But keep up the training anyway!!

BeNotAfraid said...

I was thinking the same thing. Then I looked at the past couple of years and water levels seemed to raise a bit in early July but the current water situation is not sounding good. We will see what weather comes our way in the next few weeks. Its not at horrible levels as of last weekend, but not great either.