Sunday, September 23, 2007

UK Wildcats --- Kentucky Football????

Yes, it is true the state of Blue is coming alive around football and basketball has a lot of hype around it this year as well.

Check out the article at WKYT of the historical marks the Football Cats are making already this year and those are only a few of the marks going down and statistical changes being made. Plus the marks are in the positive direction, which is great for the struggling Blue of the SEC football powerhouse. Yes, it is still early in the season but they are definitely attempting to prove they have what it takes.

Now for the Louisville Cardinals, it looks like their hype is going downhill quickly. They have been the top story two weekends in a row, but neither of them good for them. I am perfectly okay with the hype last weekend with the loss to UK, but I would like to see the Commonwealth of Kentucky have overall strong athletic programs and good hype.

It was good to have at least one of three teams win this weekend. IU lost to Illinois as well this weekend, which I think is putting a question on 13 games this year. They have some tough games ahead, especially if Ball State's loss to Nebraska by 1 was no fluke.

Football may actually be exciting to watch in the area this year. And basketball is definitely on par for an outstanding year in the area. Not sure if it is up to some of the hype, but we will see.

Mentioning of basketball, I have put in for my season IU basketball tickets and doing a lot of praying that either only 7000 or less students want tickets or that I get the UK/IU game in my slimmed down set of season tickets. The word on the street is people are interested because there is talk of IU going to the Final Four. I expect a good team this year but not sure Final Four caliber just yet. We will have to see how the new team meshes. There was definitely a lot of change up in the off-season.

No comments: