Basketball season hopefully will be as exciting as football season has been this year with both Kentucky and Indiana accomplishing grand things. The question is will I actually get to see the UK/IU game in person in my own backyard. The hype around Indiana basketball sent the students running for tickets this year, with over 9600 tickets being sold and only 8000 spots to seat them. Therefore, two games are going to be pulled from everyone's package. What two games will be pulled from my package? I just have to sit and patiently wait for another 2.5 weeks for the tickets to arrive in my mailbox. With my luck, I am preparing to not see a UK/IU game ticket in my package, therefore I can be highly surprised when it appears or less disappointed when it doesn't. This was truly my fear if the game was actually held here in Bloomington.
Brighter things, I do have two tickets to Saturday's UK football game against LSU, though in the LSU fan section :-) A grad friend and LSU alum had two tickets, the person previously going with her backed out and so I took his spot. Then she unfortunately found out that she has to have reconstructive surgery on her knee tomorrow and will not be able to attend the game. So she gave them to me to enjoy, and I am looking forward to having fun with a friend and enjoying watching the Wildcats defeat the Tigers.
This means that I might actually get to attend part of Georgetown's Homecoming, therefore not missing my first homecoming ever. Though, I will definitely miss my first Songfest at least since my sophomore year. Though I am pretty sure that I attended freshman year as well. I vaguely remember standing in line outside two years in a row before actually participating the last 2 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wildcats defeat the Tigers! You're awfully optimistic.
Go Gamecocks!!!!!! :)
I have seen and heard a lot of crazy things in the world of football this year. I believe that they have potential to beat LSU.
Thursday nights showing was not their best in any means. Had it been a different team last week, things might have been a lot different. I will give credit to the Gamecocks for taking advantage of the multiple mistakes by the Wildcats.
And hey you have to be optimistic, when things are going good.
Man, I wish I had taken you up on your offer to go to the game now... Should have canceled my plans, if only I had known it would have been such an awesome game. Go CATS!
Yes, noone wanted to believe me that UK could pull off the victory this weekend. They proved lots of people wrong and it was great to be apart of that victory. I will post more soon including some pics once I get them back.
I think you are not going to be the only one who wished they were at the game instead of doing whatever else they had planned.
Luckily, I did find someone who was excited as me to watch the game with.
Okay, I really have to start writing several papers that are due very very soon :-)
Post a Comment