Wow so much for staying on top of the blog this summer and keeping everyone informed on life. I will try again starting now to maintain a more up to date blog on life's happenings.
THE MOVE
Life became very stressful the last week of July. After receiving a couple job offers, I accepted a position at Franklin College in Franklin, IN on Tuesday, July 29. This took the move in a stressful direction because I was to start on August 4th. The POD though a great idea was potentially way to small and delivery times where not working out. I decided to check out some of the other truck moving companies and found a decent deal with UHaul, which ended up being a great deal.
UHaul Adventure....There were no UHauls of the 24' or bigger variety in Bloomington so I had to go to Greenwood to pick up the UHaul, which in the long run probably worked out well because of the great discount. Thankfully, my friend PY graciously volunteered his time and driving skills. He helped me not only pick up the UHaul, pack, clean some, drive the loaded UHaul, unload, and return it. There are not enough thanks to go around. Also, thanks to the many others who came over on Wednesday night to pack up the UHaul. We got everything packed up and away minus a few things, which I came back after on Thursday.
Late July 31...tired, beat, and moody. I moved into my new apartment on campus in one of the residence halls. It is a nice two-bedroom apartment with tons of storage space. I think I could store even more stuff :-). I won’t so you will return and help me move next time. Basically, we arrived, unloaded the UHaul with assistance from staff and students, and left to return the UHaul and return to Bloomington. Back in Bloomington, I spent the afternoon and evening cleaning the apartment thoroughly. I was a bit crabby for many reasons, but appreciate those who helped me clean and finish packing things up. I got all of my deposit back so that was good. Thanks to CS for letting me stay Thursday night as well.
Friday, I finished up some errands around Bloomington and departed not to return The rest of the weekend was spent in my new apartment cleaning and unpacking. The parents came up late Friday and we spent into the wee hours of the morning cleaning and unpacking. They have way more stamina than I. Granted I had been running ragged for about 2 months by then. We did get 95% of the apartment unpacked and put together. The office was still in boxes and in many ways still remains in boxes to this day. It is slowly coming together.
There is the move and everything did work out as God planned. I had a job with living accommodations. The job was close and the transportation of belongings was successful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment