The time has come to become serious about getting in shape and losing some weight. The local county has a program called "Dump Your Plump". It is a team program to encourage individuals in the community to become healthier. I have joined a team of fellow Student Affairs professionals and others. We are known as the 'Chunky Dunks'. Our first weigh in is on Monday and then we have six weeks to get fit, eat healthy, and lose weight.
Since mid-semester, I have been trying to eat healthier and get in shape. The eating healthier has gone in spurts with the Thanksgiving, Birthday, Christmas holidays being a bit tough. The getting in shape is a slightly different story. I walk a good 3-4 times a week during lunch. Currently, we walk 2 miles around the indoor track but when the weather was nice we walked around the community. In the last few weeks, we have picked up the free weights and walk with 2 lbs in each hand.
The goal is to eat healthier by watching portion sizes, eliminating desserts again, minimizing juice intake, healthier snacks, and working on more veggies and fruits. The exercise component is a bit more difficult because it is hard to motivate myself in the evenings to do things. But I hope to get the gazelle out and start walking on it at night as I watch TV. It may become a permanent fixture in the middle of the living room.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Chris wants to see a picture of the gazelle. What is it exactly??
Kerri
Gazelle is a glider machine. It is actually kind of nice because it folds up nicely against the wall and requires no electricity.
Post a Comment