Friday, July 24, 2009

Fried Computer ... Now What

The computer has gone down in flames, not literally but figuratively. The hard drive has now crashed and data has been lost. Therefore with a dead ethernet card, power supply, and harddrive, I suppose this machine that is approximately 9 years old has seen its last day of life.

The question now is what to do in purchasing a new machine.
- Vista, XP, or some how wait until Windows 7 comes out
- Desktop or Laptop
- Leaning towards desktop but then do I go for brand name or more my own design.
- What is a reputable place to purchase a pc from?

Any suggestions or thoughts on purchasing a new pc would be appreciated?

1 comment:

Kerri said...

The laptop vs. desktop issue is definitely a personal thing. I prefer laptop hands down. I may need a new one soon and am very intrigued by the Dell minis. Someone at work got one and he loves it. Chris is skeptical because the screen is small, but I love the idea of a very lightweight laptop that's easy to take places. Also, I think they start at $399. Not sure what that comes with, it could certainly be a lot more depending on what you may need, or want, to add on.

Good luck with your decision!!