The first few hours were spent out on course to put cones back after being struck. The view from course really helps one assess their future movements in the car themselves. Corner work included scurrying for ones life not once but twice. A couple vehicles got a bit unbalanced coming through the second time resulting in a spin towards the workers and light pole. We were all up and aware of our surroundings and no one or vehicles were hurt in the process. Apparently we looked like very slow ants scurrying and we surely felt like slow ants moving from the spinning vehicles.
After a break, it was our turn to run the course. The course was great and I really was on top of my game. Unfortunately, I only got three of my five runs due to a gash in the side of the tire. It was about quarter size after the second run. After the third run it was about 2 inches of separation. Therefore I decided to call it a day and thanks to some fellow competitors, I changed it over to the donut and headed home.
Here is a picture from my phone of the tire:

No comments:
Post a Comment