3 Days, 3 Cities, 3 Ballparks
#1 -- Miller Park, Milwaukee, WI June 29th, 2010
Houston Astros vs Milwaukee Brewers 5-7
Game: 5 Home Runs made this an exciting game to watch.
Park: A very nice park but not a fan of the dome and the very closed in nature of the park. I was very thankful that it was nice actually a bit chilly by nights end that the dome was open. I am not a fan of domed outdoor sports facilities. The sport was created for outdoor recreation, not indoor play.
#2 -- Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL June 30th, 2010
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Chicago Cubs 2-0
Game: A very slow game with little action, probably in terms of performance the least favorite of all games.
Park: Top notch, I love the fact that Wrigley is still a traditional old style ballpark. The green wall and the old manual scoreboard makes this a great place to watch a game. It is also very open and the skyline is nice in outfield.
#3 -- Target Field, Minneapolis, MN July 1st, 2010
Tampa Bay Rays vs Minnesota Twins 5-4
Game: An exciting game that went into an extra inning before Tampa Bay pulled off the victory in the 10th.
Park: Another nice park with a wonderful view of the skyline and open feeling. We even got to watch the extra inning from the lower section thanks to PC's friends of friends.
#4 -- US Cellular Field, Chicago, IL July 5th, 2010
Los Angeles Angels vs Chicago White Sox 2-9
Game: 4 Home Runs and some exciting plays made this a great game to watch.
Park: A nice park but don't try to go to a level in which your seat is not. There is not wandering around besides the level in which you are assigned. We were able to talk them into letting us to the gift shop on the first level. We enjoyed a little walk around before heading to our actual seats in the upper level. Again, I enjoyed the openness of the ballpark. You could see the train drive by in the background and parts of the city.
The 1 week baseball adventure and so what are my thoughts on baseball now...How can I make it to another ballpark and another game? I loved it and knew that when at game three in Minneapolis that I was in trouble. I started asking myself then how could I get to another game and where. I was working through ideas to go to Atlanta and St Louis before the end of the season, but the whole starting a new job and moving was causing havoc in the plans. Though do not despair, I have not fully given up on the idea. St Louis, Labor Day weekend, anyone interested?
#5 (or #1 for the season) -- Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati, OH May 15, 2010
St. Louis Cardinals vs Cincinnati Reds 3-4
Game: A well played game with some very close calls and a great finish for Reds fans. A disappointing conclusion for Cardinals fans but overall a great game to watch. It was a great way to start the baseball summer adventures off with some great company, CV and KP.
Park: A great view of the Ohio River and Northern Kentucky makes this a very nice park to enjoy a game. It is fun watching the steamboats and barges go up and down the river and enjoy the openness of the ballpark.
St Louis - Sunday of Labor Day weekend, interested???? Cardinals vs Reds
I hope you enjoy the adventures and the pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment