Monday, April 23, 2012

Healthier Living: Take 1

Mondays are going to be the day to check in on my weight and progress of healthier living. There is a lot more to come on this, but it is necessary to start now to gain some momentum and motivation.

Before the Fall of 2010, my health was improving. Thanks to some great folks and motivation in Franklin, I had lost 15 to 20 pounds. Unfortunately, I am sad to report that those loss pounds plus have been gained. Additionally, my activity level has decreased significantly, which does not help in maintaining or losing weight. With some proper motivation, things are turning around hopefully, and healthier eating and more physical activity is to come soon. To keep me honest, I will share with you my journey and potential more information of my struggles.

I will try to be consistent in weighing in each Monday morning and posting later that night about where I am.

Week 1 -- 211.4 pounds (Scale in Apartment)
Wednesday we will learn more about how much I have gained since moving back to Kentucky. In October, I had gain 18 pounds from my first visit to the same doctor.

A co-worker and I have scheduled 15-30 mins each day to walk around the building. We have not made it every day but I believe she is motivated and so am I.

I am reading a couple books at the moment to figure out what I really need to do in terms of eating to become healthier. I have already made a few changes based on their suggestions and will be making more. Though not certain, I do believe it is making a difference. More on this will hopefully come in the near future.

Goals
Lose 60 pounds - No worries I will not try to do this overnight but steadily, starting with 15 pounds.
Run a 5K Race followed eventually by a mini-marathon -- The mini has been a goal ever since college.
General physical fitness
Create an eating plan that is sustainable and liveable

No comments: