Monday, April 30, 2012

Healthier Living: Take 2

Week 2 -- 210.8 pounds
Week 1 -- 211.4 pounds

The week went well and I am glad to report that from my last doctors visit in October to the one this past week, I had maintained weight instead of staying on the continued progression upwards occurring since returning back to Kentucky in Fall 2010.

Walking at work with a co-worker is unfortunately coming to a stop for awhile but maybe I can motivate myself to work something else out.

Louisville Derby Mini-Marathon - No I did not participate but my friend PC did. She did a great job and while she ran 13.1 miles, I did accomplish walking about 5 miles that morning. We also had a nice walk on Friday afternoon.

Sunday was autocross day. I did quite a bit of walking around then as well. I need to take my pedometer with me to track my movements and how many miles I walk.

Though no distinctive diet changes, I am being more conscious of what I eat and the amount I eat. I finished one of the books last night and now plan on trying to put together a plan for slow, steady, but noticeable changes into my diet and routine.

Healthier living is not all about the food nutrition and physical activity, but also encompasses our self outlook, spiritual well being, career, and other components of life. All areas of life that I also need work and have been slowly making changes.

Spiritual life is one of those big areas that has fallen aside in the past 5 years and something I am really trying to change by more involvement at my new church home. Today, I made another step in that direction talking to the youth minister about getting more young adult ministry going at church and also assisting with the youth. The conversation provided positive direction and hopes for the future. I ask that you join me in prayer to discern the role God is calling me in this area and how those interested can work to provide the faith community the needed spiritual guidance and support.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Check to see if there is a free pedometer app for your phone. If you have your phone on you anyway, might as well put it to work doing something that is beneficial to you. And then all you have to do is remember to start it in the morning, no need to have to remember to grab something extra.