Over the years, friends have shared on their blogs the good times, the rough times, the struggles of life. Their encouragement, sharing, and faith keeps me motivated, focused, thinking, and surrounded with wonderful people. I pray that my sharing can offer each of you some of these things as well.
First a reflection back to the beginning of this blog…
8.5 years ago friends, especially CV and AW now AP, were very much into blogging and encouraged me to create a site. Therefore, the Analysis of Life blog was created. For privacy and other reasons, I selected a pseudonym for posting, BeNotAfraid.
BeNotAfraid has a lot of significance in my life. My maternal grandmother (Woo-Woo) passed away spring of 1992, when I was an 8th grader. She and I plus my grandfather (Paw-Paw) were very close. They both had a pure joy and love for Christ and those around them. Woo-Woo had her whole funeral arrangements planned, and I will never forget two of the songs she had On Eagles Wings and Be Not Afraid. She loved to sing and play the organ. She was buried in her choir robe with the Glory and Praise Hymnal open to On Eagles Wings, if I am not mistaken.
It’s amazing how much the song, Be Not Afraid, impacted not only my life but other’s in my family. Most of you know that I lost my youngest maternal aunt last summer, 2011. Mom called to ask if I would be willing to read at the funeral, which I agreed. I also had one other request that Be Not Afraid be song at the funeral as my aunt too loved music and was in the choir. Apparently, I was not the only niece to make this request, and it had been put into the funeral arrangements.
Additionally, the following verse from Psalm 27 has also become my anchor and keeps me going through it all.
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom do I fear?
The Lord is my life’s refuge; of who am I afraid?
(Psalm 27:1)
I turn to this verse so very often in my life to remind me that God is with me. It is even engraved in the inside of my college ring for constant reminder of the Lord’s love and encouragement.
Why Analysis of Life?
It really speaks for itself, if you know me very well especially 8 plus years ago. My mind to others does nothing by analyze anything and everything that is happening in my world for good or for bad. I often break down every little detail trying to understand its meaning and effect on life. Therefore, Analysis of Life seemed to be very appropriate.

2 comments:
Hey there!I guess I'll keep it anonymous too and won't say your name. :) But, I wanted to tell you that Psalm 27 is a go-to chapter for me too!
Thanks!
Post a Comment