Monday, May 28, 2012

Healthier Living: Take 6

Week 6 -- 208.2 pounds
Week 5 -- 210.4 pounds (Tuesday)
......
Week 1 -- 211.4 pounds

Motivation is slowly starting to come about even during this extremely hot weather.

Today, my friend, SH, and I went for a very lovely though warm hike at Jefferson Memorial Forest. We hiked about 6 miles in 3 hours, which is about normal for my hiking adventures. According the MapMyFitness app, we burned 1503 calories. It is short on mileage as the GPS did not register until we had probably gone about a quarter of a mile.

It was quite the adventurous hike. We crossed paths with two snakes of unknown identity. One appears to be a black racer while the other one still alludes us.

Though that was the only technical physical activity minus the walk on Tuesday night, I was fairly active grocery shopping on Friday night and organizing my spare bedroom/cleaning the apartment on Sunday. Probably the reason for the loss of a couple pounds this week. We will see if I can keep those pounds off and start trimming the waistline.

Now that I have been out for a good hike, I am more motivated to try to get out in the evening at least once a week and go for a nice hike. Maybe, I will shoot for Wednesday night this week and see how that goes. I just hope it cools off because at 7 pm tonight it was still a bit toasty and sunny for a hike. Thankfully daylight is lasting longer and longer so that helps finding some more cool air.

No comments: