Blue sky, white clouds, sunshine, and rain drops
Drops fall from the sky as birds and children play
Play we must in God’s beautiful world
World full of inspiration and love
Love to share with friends and that special one
One that makes the heart skip a beat
Beat that keeps us going day by day
Days seem to pass more quickly as I think
Think of you holding me tight
Tight in your arms supporting and providing
Providing unending love from the Father
Love a reverberating theme in life this year and something
that weighs heavily on me. Saturday prior to Palm Sunday, I attended a Lenten
retreat focused on Love. Then this past week as I read Living Faith Daily Catholic Devotions and listen to the homily at
mass Sunday and Monday, I am reminded of God’s love and God’s command that we
love one another (John 15:17).
My faith and focus on God’s love and serving others has been
a struggle over the past several years. I left a very strong faith community
and set of friends to pursue a new avenue in life. During this time, I pulled
away from spending time and focusing on the reflection and truth of my
Christian faith. School and work became a priority over my own personal life
and reflection. These included supporting and helping others but maybe not
always in a positive Christian mindset.
Therefore now I seek to turn things around and to once again
focus on the uplifting positive fellowship and community, to take time to stop
and listen to what God is saying, to focus on the positives of life, to
continue sharing and guiding others but with a more positive outlook on life
and focus on God.
Themes of the past few days…
We are called to serve. The one thing I missed most about
this past academic year was not being able to join students in their Spring
Break mission trip, to watch them experience life changing adventures, to be
humbled by those we serve and the students serving, to be touched once again by
God’s love for all mankind.
“If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first.”
~John 15:18
This definitely struck accord and not only reminded me that
everything in life is not smooth sailing and without pain, but also we have to
be strong and not bend down to others levels of ridicule, hatred, and
dishonesty. Instead, we are to stand strong smile and continue forward with a
positive, hope filled direction in life. This can be very hard to follow and
live out.
“Four Loves” by C.S. Lewis reviews love in four categories.
Storge (Affection), Philia (Friendship), Eros (Romance), and
Agape (Unconditional Love)
Sunday’s homily and a presentation at retreat both did an
amazing job of reflecting on these 4 loves.
The Lord has agape love for us as He sent is only son to die
for us on the cross. We are challenged to share God’s love with those around
us. Sometimes this is as easy as sharing a smile and hello, but other times it
is much harder to share when we are torn down, ridiculed, warn out, or even
hated for kindness and generosity.
‘Soaking in the Joy’ exactly what has been missing in my
life the past few years, I try to live life and provide for others but lacking
the time to stop and really enjoy the joys of life became a burden. It has been
amazing the change in my life now that I do not work 24-7, that I stop to
reflect and just be, to enjoy nature and time away from the TV and propaganda
that life throws at us constantly. I feel that life is changing and that my
outlook is improving and that truly God has something even greater in store for
me.
Thanks to all of you for your continued positive influence
in my life!

No comments:
Post a Comment