Thursday, July 04, 2013

Healthier Living: Renewal

Life hits you one day and you realize the backward direction you are headed but lost at how to change your mindset in the forward direction. This definitely outlines me the past couple of months. I know that things have to shift and change but just not sure how to make that change happen.

Currently a few pounds shy of where I started in April 2012 after losing 21 lbs.
How does one continually get in the same predicament over and over again?

Where is the motivation? How do you maintain that motivation?
- No certainty about future trips or activities requiring the need to be in shape.
- Body still in chaos and unsure of what that chaos is.
- So how do you battle health when your not sure what exactly you are battling.
- Last time, you ended up injured and fear going right back into that situation.
- Who really cares if you are in shape and lose weight.

Besides all of this and many other struggles, hopefully, I am ready to head forward again and find a maintainable way of life of being in shape and eating healthy but enjoyably.

How hard can this be?
- Free gym on the same floor as I work
- Free 1/2 hour trainer led classes throughout the day
- Surrounded by co-workers who attend classes, walk during the day, or go to the gym after work

Needless to say yesterday was really the first day that I took advantage of any of this, but hopefully that was day one towards a positive forward direction.

Yesterday, July 3rd, 2013
30 mins of Cross Training
I actually was able to attempt push-ups though poorly. Definitely better than last time I tried and couldn't even hold myself in a push-up stance. Today feeling a bit of soreness in the late afternoon but nothing to awful.

Thanks for all the prayers and support! Hopefully, this time I will not let myself and all you followers down and start and stay progressing forward over backwards.

May you be blessed this Independence Day and remember the freedoms we have!


No comments: