Monday, September 22, 2014

La Semana Once: Towards Healthy Living

One week left until the Marathon or Half-Marathon Hike, I am not quite where I had hoped to be but hoping to finish at minimum 13.1 miles or half-marathon.

La Semana Once: Monday, September 22, 2014 --210.8
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8
 
Monday
PT -- 8 mins, approx 2 miles on the bike followed by various activities working on my hips and balance plus stretching

Thursday
PT -- 8 mins, approx 2.1 miles on the bike followed by various activities working on my hips and balance plus stretching.

Saturday
Hike -- Well this ended up about .25 mile excursion out before the pain in the left foot seemed to be getting worse and not worth it. Guess it is a good thing that I turned around and returned back to the car because after the 20 min car ride back home, I couldn't put weight on my left foot enough to even get into the apartment. I ended up calling my neighbors RP & CP to see if RP could give me an arm to lean on to get into the apartment. They additionally were kind enough to let me borrow their walker to help me get around in the apartment. I really needed it on Saturday as the pain was excruciating if I put any weight on the foot especially the front. I tried meds, heat, and ice nothing seemed to really temper it.

Sunday -- It was supposed to be race day but instead ended up a trip to church and trip to return my GPS watch that did not do the trick and had to be returned today in order to get my money back. In the morning, the foot was still pretty sore even just putting pressure on the heel so I used the walker to get in and out of church. By afternoon, I was able to put a little more weight on the heel as long as I didn't roll the foot all the way over to the ball. The pain is not as excruciating as it was yesterday but still very sore.

What happened to my foot? I have no clue. The ankle, top of the foot was having some pain late Friday night. I iced it and went to bed. The top was still sore on Saturday but I thought it just needed to be stretched out and it would be okay. I guessed wrong and apparently aggravated it more. I am going to either go to PT or a doctor Monday to see what they have to say. Trying to schedule a doctor's appointment now. Updates later.
In addition to PT appointments, there is a series of stretches and leg raises for my hips to be completed each day. I have done a decent job of completing the exercises and doing half the stretching. Plus I have gone to flexibility class everyday but Friday as there was none.
Next week, I will update you on the success of the half-marathon hike, if I am able to complete it with this latest injury.

No comments: