La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Siete: Monday, August 25, 2014 -- 214.0
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8
Amazingly, I actually lost a few pounds over the past few weeks as I adventured through Europe. An amazing adventure started on Thursday, August 28 ending on Monday, September 8. There was plenty of walking during the 10 days in country. The first and last day were mostly spent in airports, planes, and the bus from home to the airport.
It was a Marian Pilgrimage through Portugal, Spain, and France.
Some of the key areas visited included
Lisbon, Portugal
Fatima, Portugal
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Leon & Burgos, Spain
Lourdes, France
Paris, France
Free day, Friday, September 6, in Paris was our main day of walking. In mapping it out on Google, we walked 10+ miles from the hotel to the Louvre to the Arc de Triomphe to the Eiffel Tower back to the hotel. We also spent about 3 hours in the Louvre walking around and seeing all the amazing artifacts including the Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo, Saint Mary Magdalene, and more.
Though a lot of walking, there was also a lot of eating at breakfast and dinner with 3+ course meals and wine almost every night.
After returning on Monday, September 8, there was a bit of exercise on Tuesday walking around the cemetery. My dad's dad passed away the Friday after I left for Europe of old age. He was almost 92 and lived a very good life. We knew before leaving that time was limited as he had stopped eating the days prior to departure. Therefore, I spent some time at home after returning to be with the family.
On Wednesday, I went to physical therapy (PT) for an evaluation for my knees. I am looking forward to PT and hopefully improving whatever ails me so my knees don't give out while hiking. The current focus is on my hips and balance with 2 appointments per week, which started this week. I will write more about those for next weeks update.
Friday, September 12
A beautiful day for a nice, long hike at Jefferson Memorial Forest. I started our timing the trip with my new GPS watch, which is going back. The battery died at the end of the journey and it lost everything.
Hike approx 9 miles from the Welcome Center to Horine Reservation (Blue Clockwise) around the Red (Counter Clockwise) back to the Blue finishing the clockwise trip around it back to the Welcome Center. Though I made a good 1/2 hour plus stop at the lake for some quiet, reflection time.
Sunday, September 14 was race day so walking around the course before and during the middle as I ran second heat.
So that concludes the previous 3 weeks and I will write about this week for the usual Monday report.

No comments:
Post a Comment