Monday, April 20, 2015

La Semana Cuarenta y Uno: Towards Healthy Living

La Semana Cuarenta y Uno: Monday, April 20, 2015 -- 215.4 lbs

La Semana Cuarenta: Monday, April 13, 2015 -- 216.0 lbs (10.8 lbs -- 40 Weeks; -4.4 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Treinta: Monday, February 2, 2015 -- 211.6 lbs (15.2 lbs -- 30 Weeks; .8 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

Monday - Sunday night, I was starting to have a bit of a scratchy throat. It really felt like allergies from being out in the sun and spring pollen all day and part of Sunday. It was still around on Monday with a bit of a cough nothing too serious though. I was also dehydrated from being out in the sun all day Sunday and not drinking enough water.

Arm/Hip workout plus stretching

Tuesday - Stretching. Again not feeling well a bit more coughing and I came home and fell asleep on the couch early. Granted that was after working almost 11 hours.

Wednesday - No workout at work but I definitely got a workout in the evening. The indoor karting place had a special event, and I finally decided I would try my hand at a competitive event. It was 100 lap reverse track with baby powder strategically placed around the track. I ended up completing 108 laps with 10 lap qualifier followed by the 100 lap event which I finished 2 laps behind the winner. It was a great night. My shoulder is killing me and I did not sleep well because of that on Wednesday night. It was still sore on Thursday.

Thursday - That dreaded doctor's appointment after labs the day after Easter. I was not expecting great results as I had gained weight and not watched my eating quite as well as I should.

Cholesterol numbers were up again though not quite as bad as this time last year. My white blood cells and other numbers around infection were high again. Dr. did not seem too concerned with that at this point.

Insulin number was way down actual on the low side. Seems like a pretty drastic shift but okay. A1c was still on the higher side.

He provided a Z-Pak to fight this congestion in my chest that seems to be getting worse and not better and after not sleeping well Wed night and not feeling well, I took a nice little nap in the latter part of the afternoon.

Friday - All day conference in Indianapolis, a lot of car riding and sitting in conference sessions. A bit of walking here and there. By the end of the day, the sinus infection had compounded in my head as well as my chest. My head was literally ready to explode. I crashed on the couch before it was too late and slept for several hours before waking early Saturday morning

Saturday - Woke around 2:30 am Saturday morning and stayed awake for a couple hours before falling back to sleep. I couldn't sleep in too much as I had a commitment across the river at 11 am. Then in the afternoon, I spent time with friends in Louisville. My energy level was way day so basically did a bunch of sitting and watching the 4 year old play. I did try to jump on the mini trampoline with her a bit. I was asleep on the couch again by 8 pm. I woke at midnight and stayed up for a couple hours.

Sunday - After staying awake a couple hours around midnight, I got back to sleep and slept until 8:30 am. I had to get up to head to the other side of the river for a 1st Communion Service of a friend's daughter. I stayed over there until the party at 5 pm. I felt better than I thought for the day but still not great. Head still all congested and clogged and my chest is all infected with a nice deep chest cough.

What's new starting today, Monday, April 20?
The doctor is trying to find ways for me to improve my health especially the cholesterol numbers without getting started on cholesterol meds just yet. There is a new drug out there for Type 2 Diabetes that I am on the borderline with some insulin resistance thrown in the mix that is supposed to help with weight as well as the diabetic elements. So starting today, I am going to begin this new medicine to see how that helps me. Apparently folks lose quite a bit of weight as it clears your kidneys of the excess sugars that are hanging out there. This is why I decided to start on Monday to go alongside my normal weekly health report.

I also hope to get back into a healthier eating routine but this week is already starting off on the wrong track. The not feeling well component helps none.

No comments: