I know, I know...you haven't heard a lot from me lately and well don't really expect that to change much. I am enjoying life, maybe too much at times. I am trying to enjoy the younger years of my life and have fun with friends. Plus as winter approaches, I will start to hibernate a lot more. I can already tell as the days are getting shorter that my inclination to go climb in bed and go to sleep has gotten earlier and earlier. I mean its not quite 9 and I am having that inclination to get ready for bed. Though I havent accomplished anything that I had planned on accomplishing tonight, except for making plans for tomorrow night. Oh well.
Besides enjoying life, work is about to become or actually already has come extremely busy. The one thing about being in IT and especially in development, is that when you change something in an existing project, you have to deploy those changes in off hours. Which means for the next two weekends, I will be working some part of the weekend. This weekend is an early 6 am on Sunday morning. Eeek. It wont be too bad as long as we are actually done in 6 hrs like the other DBA says we should be. The last time he said that we were there for another 3-4 hrs. So we will see. As long as these deploys go well and production is still smoothly running. I wont have to worry about anymore off hour deploys because development halts for Open Enrollment Season. It will just be making sure the databases are up and running and that they are not all locked up with so many transactions hitting it at once. So we will see how that goes.
Then my normal busy life involved in different organizations. I really enjoy my involvements and wish I could put more time towards them. I am really looking forward to concentrating more on my ODK Province Director duties and visiting some schools now that I am not as concentrated on the circle at Gtown.
Well I need to get to some of these other tasks and then to bed. Have a wonderful day, week, month! I will try to say hi, every now and again.
Thursday, September 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment