Wed Night, I took my car in to Don Jacobs to get the rearend repainted (Accident on 12/11) as well as get a clearcoat patch on the front bumper fixed. In this whole process, you already have the frustrations of taking your car in and having to find another form of transportation. Thankfully the person who hit me insurance paid for the rental car.
I get a nice size rental car which surprised me because the lady said that the insurance had paid for something in the class with Cavalier, Corolla, and Focus. I ended up with a Chrysler Siebring, 4 door. It was okay no big shakes and definitely had no power behind it.
I leave the parking lot and go the Catholic Bookstore maybe a block away. Find some nice books and come back out to notice the front right tire low. Being a rental there is no tire gauge, so I really cant tell what the pressure is. So I go to the nearby the, surprised to find FREE Air :-) Granted no tire gauge so I fill it up as much as I think it needs and go on my way to Bible Study where I knew someone would have a tire gauge.
25 lbs of air. :-( So I call the rental 800 line and they send out AAA to fix the tire. All they do is put the donut on the car. Now what the heck good is that going to do me trying to get to Louisville in the morning. Absolutely none. But I was in the middle of attempting to lead Bible study so I went back in to finish. Afterwards, I called the rental company again. All the branches were closed. The one in Gtown opens at 8 in the morning. They can replace the car.
Great, now I am going to be late to work. I already left early Wed and had to leave early on Fri to handle all the car issues. Plus my officemate was going to be late. Unfortunately nothing that I can do about it.
So I go to the Gtown branch, Thurs morning. They have a new Mazda 6 in the parking lot but the paperwork is not completed, so they cant send it with me :-( Probably a good thing. Instead they take the car next door and get the flat repaired. The flat had not 1 but 2 nails in it. How the heck do you give a customer a rental with 2 nails in the front tire? The guy at Gtown was really nice and helpful. So the tire was fixed and I went on my merry little way to work.
Thankfully I made it safely to work, stayed in town, and made it safely back yesterday afternoon to get my car back.
Big Blue...has two nice and shiny bumpers now, along with some chips filled in on the hood. And it cost me nothing, thankfully. No the fun of keeping it cleaned in this weather and not using the automatic or high pressure washes. That could be fun.
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment