Sunday, October 08, 2006

Random and Exciting :-)

A week ago, I had all kinds of ideas of things to write and share with you though at this moment I seem to be drawing a blank so I will just share about life.

- Another advance in technology, I finally put up my 19" flat screen monitor that my father finally decided I had to have. I am not going to argue. It is easier to read off of than my old monitor, which is probably a good 8 years old :-)

- A group of three women from the cohort turned in our IU Season Basketball stubs in order to obtain our grouped seats on Friday. I am rather excited to experience NCAA Div I collegiate basketball as a student and in the Big Ten. Plus I looked at UK games to see if I could per chance get to a game during Christmas break. So if you are interested in going let me know. Or if you have tickets for sale let me know.

- A week ago Friday for the first time since my trip to Lexington/Louisville on Aug 26-27, I filled up the gas tank. Therefore, I filled my gas tank only once during the month of September and it was on the 29th of the month. I made it an entire month without filling up the car though I will say the car light was on and I got very shotty gas mileage, hence the issue with driving around town all the time. I calculate the mileage I put on my car each month, which resulted in a total of 90 miles for this month. Previously 90 miles would have got me to Louisville and maybe to Frankfort but probably not even that far. Wow. I just hope my car is enjoying its nice break from constant driving and not hating the in town short driving spurts. I know I am enjoying not changing the oil every other month and filling up every other day. I am lucky to see a gas station more less put gas in the car.

- Woohoo..I survived the first week of college hell. We received an A of some sort on our group presentation and thankfully it is over now. I have two group presentations left for the semester. One is a small, quick presentation about students with psychological Disabilities and the other is a bit larger project about the Career Development office here at IU. Several research projects left to go as well as minor papers. Wow, I am calling these papers minor now after last week they were causing great stress. I feel like I am fairly prepared for the week ahead of me though several papers to write and a test to study for.

I think this has been one of the most unproductive weeks since school started but definitely a needed break. My supervisor let me have Thursday off to get some rest which I definitely needed after staying up to 2 am two nights in a row for absolutely no reason. It was nice to lay around the apartment and not worry about anything on Thursday, though it lead into a continued lethargic attitude for the weekend.

Enough ramblings for this evening. I think I am going to go catch a few more shows that I have on tape before I call it a night. Have a wonderful week!

No comments: