Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Needed Sleep, Brain, Nourishment, and Common Sense

Not necessarily in that order, but I am definitely needing some guidance at the moment. After spending nearly 2.5 hrs trying to find a refereed (Peer Reviewed) article about Facebook, I got up from my desk for a break and there was the light bulb that I needed 2.5 hrs ago. Had the light bulb gone off 2.5 hrs ago, I would probably have a completed revised Issue paper. Instead, I must go grab some dinner, return, read, and then work on the rewrite.

The Light Bulb: Sitting on my desk, under my cellphone (I have picked up at least twice in the past 2.5 hrs), is a peer reviewed journal with an article about Facebook. Amazing enough, when I received the Journal about 2-weeks ago, I thought how I could have used that article in my paper, but the paper was already complete and I didn't want to rewrite at that time. Now I have to rewrite and can include it in my paper.

I do not know the moral of this story but if someone else sees it please share. As for me, I shall go get some nourishment and maybe the brain will start functioning properly again.

PS For those who have heard my level of stress for the week, you will be glad to know that one paper has been moved back a week so that is a point of relief. :-) I will survive, but no more blogging til more is complete. I just had to share quickly my 2.5 hr downfall.

No comments: