Saturday, September 02, 2006

First IU Sporting Event

No I didn't go to the football game to watch IU defeat W. Michigan St 39-20 this evening. I was at the apartment working on my 7 page paper some more. Instead last night, I went to the IU vs UConn soccer game to cheer on the Hoosiers as they tried to defeat #2 ranked UConn. IU is currently ranked 12th. It was an exciting game with a bit of a nice soccer drizzly around halftime. I don't know that I have ever stood as long as I did last night. There was definitely no sitting as you watched this game. I'm sad to say this was my first ever collegiate soccer experience, but it was a great one. I was amazed at the size of the crowd, including locals and the band. Halftime score was 0-1 Hoosiers, but the Huskies came back to tie the game 1-1, which is where it ended after a double overtime.

Go Wildcats, Beat the Cards tomorrow!

No comments: