Friday, September 15, 2006

Week of Firsts

The week has been one of study, research, fun, and a lot of firsts which recap the third week of graduate school.
- Visit to the Writing Center was first up on Monday for a first review of the Issue Paper for this coming week. Yes it is actually done already and had two reviews at the writing center. I promise nothing in the future on being ahead but this week was good.
- I received my first assignment back with an OK. Apparently we are getting okay's or needs work for the first two assignments in Research methods then for the rest will get actual grades. Mentioning of the second, I must go work on that soon since it's due on Tues.
- Went to my first Professional Association meeting for Indiana University Student Personnel which started me thinking on running for an office in late Oct early Nov. Looking at Orientation and Relations (Alumni mostly). I will keep you updated on that.
- Indiana University Basketball Season Tickets - Ordered - Waiting on Coupon to put together with other HESA folks for group sitting and actual tickets. This was a first in many ways as I have never purchased season tickets for any sporting event, never purchased student tickets to Big Ten or NCAA sporting event, definitely never purchased a ticket to watch IU play before because those against Kentucky are too expensive.
- Just finished my first loads of laundry at the complex and was amazed I only had 4 loads to do.
- Library, wow, I don't know the last time I spent so much time in the Library doing research for a project. This also means now I have four books to review through before Sunday’s group meeting for theory class. We have a presentation on Identity Development Theories in three weeks, but then it will be done thank goodness.
- Sat in (actually stood outside) on the first session of the Presidential Search Open Forum by the Trustees. These meetings are very eye opening to what the Faculty, Students, Administration, and Trustees view as important and how the Indiana University System is perceived, just that as a system not as one University. The next year or two is going to be quite intriguing as these discussions grow and the search for a new President occurs. I am very excited to be on the closer side of this search than most.
- I went into this third week of classes actually prepared with all readings completed though if I do not go into the other room now and start reading, I will not be able to say that for two weeks in a row.

Hope all are doing well! Go Cards!

No comments: