Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Arrival" in Paducah

It was officially time to arrive home so after a shower. I packed up my belongings again and headed to get my car out of hiding. I took the back way over to the interstate, back to usual way that I go home, and on to the house. I arrived perfectly on time 3 hours after my "departure" from Louisville.

I walked in the door and upstairs to my room to drop stuff off. I knew at that moment mom had new clue about another party. The house was freshly vacuumed. There was candy dishes throughout the downstairs filled with nuts, M & M's, and other goodies. The cake had not arrived yet though, so I had to make a quick phone call to let the surprise cake getter that they couldn't go yet to pick up our cake. Dad left shortly thereafter and thankfully talked mom out of buying more fruit for her party. While dad was gone, my already warn out hands and arms were back to work stirring up the fixins for homemade ice cream while mom cut up the peaches.

The first batch of homemade ice cream went into the maker, and the all clear sign was sent to the party decorators to get the other cake. Two batches of ice cream were made, peach and banana.

Then it was time to get ready and head over to the Olive Garden to save tables for 22 people. I had the privilege of reserving the tables shortly after 4. Wow, now that was an experience in itself. The lady was not very cordial with me. I was unsure if we would or wouldn't have tables by 5 for 22 people. But after sitting there for awhile I decided that they were trying to clear out the back room for us. It was about 5:15 or so before we were seated, which ended up a good thing.

No comments: