Monday, June 04, 2007

Reactions to $5/Gallon

Are you ready to pay $5 for a gallon of milk? You just thought gas was expensive, but if you are a big dairy eater, the cost of gas may cause even more pain in your pocket book than the gas itself.

How much milk do you drink in a week? I have friends who can drink a couple gallons a week. I probably drink a gallon a week but overtime that becomes a gallon a month because I go shopping so infrequently. Cheese on the other hand is a large staple in my refrigerator and is enjoyed on a quite frequent basis.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

Well, I buy milk by the half gallon, and I *just* get through that in a week. I've discovered that organic milk has a longer shelf life usually than the regular milk, so I've been buying that lately.

But I have to say, I actually don't pay attention to the price of milk nearly as much as I do the price of gas.

BeNotAfraid said...

I would say most people are inattentive about the price they pay for milk. I check to see if it is cheaper to purchase a half-gallon or a gallon, but otherwise I don't pay a ton of attention myself.