This past week was the beginning of a new school year, which marks the concluding year of the 2-year Higher Education Student Affairs master's program at IU.
This semester load wise is fairly relaxed. I have two classes: a required course on environments and cultures and an elective course on Gender, Education, and Development based out of the history of education department. The first course, which will be referenced as GAP or Environments in posts to come, has a large research project that concludes with a presentation on my birthday. The positive about it being on my birthday is that when it is done, I should be done with classes for the semester and can enjoy the rest of the day :-) The class is currently in the process of defining groups and then defining topics within the group. Though I currently am part of a group and really hope that it will remain this way, there is the potential next week that groups will be asked to mix-up a little in order to even out group sizes.
As far as Gender, Education, and Development, aka gender or history, the understanding of this course is still out there to be analyzed. Definitely need to get into some readings and get a fill for the class to see how it is going to progress. There is several assignments throughout the course of the semester with a group project due at the end.
That is the update on the new school year.
Other quick notes: I finally got setup with internet and cable access, after a long ordeal and three different installation appointments. So far the service is good and channel options and equipment at this price is better than Insight last year. Interested to see, how much I am actually going to have to pay the first two months. The first month of cable was suppose to already be free with the package deal and supposedly, I am getting the second month free as well after all the trouble I had to go through. $130 savings potential :-)
More to come soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment