Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm Drained

Wow, this has been one crazy and insane day. It began by being awakened at 7:45 am with the cleaning crew in the dorm. I am so glad that the cleaning crew did not start before eight while I was in college. Even though I was usually up by 8, it would have been nightmarish. Today was worse because they were cleaning all the rooms to prepare for the beginning of the school year, including the other room attached to my bathroom and the bathroom. So I gave up trying to sleep anymore and got up.

Then the rest of the day included accomplishing a dozed things, none of which were really related to the other.

:-( Paid a credit card bill from savings, except I couldn't do it online and I didn't have 75% of the info I needed to take care of it. Thankfully the credit card company was very helpful and actually contacted the back to get the necessary info, plus he waived the fee for paying via phone. It was a nice jester especially since I couldn't pay via savings online.

:-) Scheduled for internet and TV hookup for Aug 18 back in Bloomington. :-( I will be in town a couple days prior to getting internet access, so that is what happened if I forget to mention it again next week.

Hoping that the internet and TV service is of good quality. I don't know how many of you have heard about the new AT&T U-Verse, but its basically a TV and internet package through AT&T. It actually is a pretty nice deal compared to Insight. I get a DVR receiver and a regular receiver for my 2 TVs, plus internet hookup. 190 channels, I believe, which includes the new Big Ten Network (I am pretty sure). Insight is not carrying that channel yet. All for $74 plus taxes and such I am sure.

I was paying right around that last year for Insight with one receiver, no DVR, and fewer channels. Not that I necessarily need that many channels but still. I will report later on the service and setup. Supposedly a 5 to 8 hr setup, but thats probably quote for a house. I just have a 2-bedroom apt.

Straightened up the room and tried to get things organized for the very soon approaching departure back to Indiana.

Had the key lock on my room door changed so I had to figure out about getting a new key to my room. Thankfully, I was hear when the guy changed it and so I new that it happened. It would have been quite fun to come in this evening to a door that I couldn't get into.

Trying to get details about helping with IU orientation and registration upon returning next week. I was asked to go fill out papers on campus asap :-|. We will see what happens with that.

The rest of the day was working on my internship project. The final project is putting together a resource guide for Bellarmine and all of the universities in Kentucky. It is coming quite along but still needs some work. We will see the status of the summer hopefully tomorrow.

Also been trying to figure out how to attend additional autocross events this fall, not having a ton of luck at that one.

Well that is the random happenings of my life today.

No comments: