Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Healthier Living: Take 12 & 13 Plus Vitamin Update

Week 13 -- 208.4 pounds
Week 12 -- 208.0 pounds
Week 11 -- 207.4 pounds
Week 10 -- 208.4 pounds
......
Week 1 -- 211.4 pounds

I apologize for the delay in any recent posts. I did not get last week's post done before leaving for a very brief vacation the end of the week and weekend.

As you see, things have not been moving in the downward direction but that is okay. The lack of exercise and not so hot eating habits have contributed.

Week 12 - Thursday evening was nice for a short walk to take the trash out and around a portion of the neighborhood. Sunday was another day of autocross and some course walking. It was also an extremely hot day that zapped you of all of your energy.

Week 13 - Friday spent about 4 hours in the gulf or on the beach. Saturday spend the day shopping at the outlet malls. Both being some nice exercise.

Vitamin Regimen Changes
Finally found some vanadium at the Vitamin Shoppe to go with the Magnesium and Chromium.
The multi-vitamin has a respective amount of Chromium already in it. The 250 morning Magnesium was moved to the evening to take with the 25 mg of vanadium and the other 250 Magnesium.

Also bought some B1 and added 250 mg to the morning regimen. Still patiently waiting to see how the vitamins overall effect my body. I really need to get back into the routine of taking my morning basal temps to see if I am actually ovulating or not. And to also see if there is any changes on a regular pattern as it has been since early April, since I cycled and that was medicine induced.

Anyone have suggestions on getting the necessary Flax Oil/Omega 3? I have liquid but some mornings, I just don't feel like stomaching it. It doesn't taste bad but just different enough. Flax capsules, you have to take a zillion to get what is in one tablespoon of liquid.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Fish oil capsules usually have more omega 3's than flax oil. Also, eating fatty fish (especially salmon) gives you a lot of omega 3's.

BeNotAfraid said...

I'll check out the fish oil capsules. I tried salmon several weeks ago and just couldn't get myself to eat much of it.

Though I might see what it takes to make salmon patties one of these days. I use to enjoy them as a kid.

Kerri said...

Chris makes pretty good salmon patties, you can ask him how he makes them. I do know that he uses panko bread crumbs instead of regular bread crumbs, they are supposed to be a bit healthier. Also, Chris buys flax seeds and grinds them up and adds them to the granola he makes and sometimes to oatmeal when he makes that. I bet you could add ground flax seeds to lots of different things.