A few weeks ago a friend posted on her blog (Journal of a Nobody) about being more aware focused on how one feels close to God within a week. She then started a weekly blog post called Saturday Smiles and asked her followers to share their Saturday Smiles with others. Here is my Saturday Smiles of Yesteryear, since I have been thinking about it for 2.5 weeks. I will post from the previous 2 weeks saving this week hopefully for a post this coming Saturday.
Where have I seen and felt God the previous couple of weeks? How has He made me smile and brightened my day?
#1
After writing Listening to God's Plan, I contacted some of my closest friends and asked them specifically to help me on the future journey. God's love shined through them as they responded and touched my heart so deeply. One or two almost brought me to tears. The love my friends have for God is so amazing and their support of me and my life's journey is amazing.
#2
Friends make me smile though at times I get frustrated in their lack of response or feel that maybe I have pushed them away. But then an email arrives in my inbox and I seem to forget about the frustrations or worries of possibly driving them away. A smile fills my heart and I again know why I care.
#3
Spending a morning on the beach in the gulf. Though I really don't know what people see about spending a whole week at the beach, I will admit that I enjoyed spending Friday morning on the beach. We walked from our hotel room to the state park across the street. The walk, the laying on the beach briefly, watching the crab come out of his little hole in the sand, just laying in the water or trying to catch the wave made for an enjoyable relaxing morning. It was time for quietness and reflection on life, family, future, and more.
#4
Watching one of my youngest cousin's get married on the beach. Definitely a different experience but amazing to see his smile and witness a wonderful occasion though I missed the dolphins swimming by in the background. The bride's father provided a blessing to start the wedding off which was really sweet. (My memory is bad so this is not a great rendition but my best attempt.) He talked about how there is Christ and helping others, the couple, and then self. It was very nice.
#5
Experiencing things and conversations with family. Another cousin and I had more conversation Thursday and Friday than I believe we have had combined in the past 5 years and not because we have not seen one another. There seems to be very little conversation at family gatherings and it is not that we do not have things in common. We are only 4 months apart and both work in the same field, currently. But again it was nice to talk and share with him. And we get to do all of this again in a couple weeks.
Please share your Saturday Smiles here or like me post a comment and link to your own Saturday Smiles post. Thanks for making me smile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wonderful!!!
Post a Comment