Monday, October 13, 2014

La Semana Catorce: Towards Healthy Living

La Semana Catorce: Monday, October 13, 2014 -- 210.0 lbs
La Semana Trece: Monday, October 6, 2014 -- 210.8 lbs
La Semana Doce: Monday, September 28, 2014 -- 211 lbs
La Semana Once: Monday, September 22, 2014 -- 210.8 lbs



La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

Monday - Flexibility class and home therapy exercises and stretches.

Tuesday - Dr appointment 100/60 blood pressure that is like the best I have heard in awhile. 212 lbs on these scales, which was apparently exactly the same from my last visit (April 2013) so I will take that. 5'7.5"

Physical Therapy, 2.2 miles on the bike. More exercises, stretching, and coconut therapy on the left lower leg and foot. Overall, my left foot was bothering me more Wednesday & Thursday.

Wednesday - Flexibility class...too much food with an entire building food day. Trip down to the ball courts for food and another to check out the dunk tank. A couple throws and a hit of the dunk tank followed but 2/3 basketball shots on top of the 3-point line. Amazing..first shot up and swoosh, not sure I could do that again.

Thursday -- 10 minute deep shoulder & neck massage; Physical Therapy, 2.3 miles on the bike. I was averaging 16 mph versus 15.5 mph in previous PT days. Not a lot of exercises today as still focusing on the left foot that is injured. Completed some ankle exercises, continued coconut therapy on the lower leg and foot, and electric therapy on the foot. Prescribed home therapy exercises and stretches. Flexibility class.

Bluegrass Indoor Karting (BIK) -- 2 8-minute races around the track

Friday -- Flexibility class focused on some back stretches. Home Therapy.

Saturday -- House cleaning, bathrooms, kitchen and a bed change, followed by a nice nap and overall a rather lazy day. 1 BIK race. Part of Home Therapy.

Sunday -- Autocross 2+ miles of walking around the course and parking lot. Followed by a race around the track at BIK. Home Therapy.

This week, I have two doctors appointments. One with the sleep doctor and the other with the general doctor. I will report on lab work next week or in a separate post once I meet with the doctor on Thursday. I will say though the numbers are still high many of the numbers have improved from April. There also may be another trip to the foot doctor. I will see how things feel in the morning.

Thanks again for all of you who are still following me! May this be encouraging to you to stay in shape and healthy or to get in shape and healthy. I know that hearing others stories helps me.

No comments: