La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbsWow...15 weeks and 15.8 lbs. Two memorable trips over the past 15 weeks, Guatemala and then Europe (Portugal, Spain, France). In 10 weeks with God's grace, I will be back in Guatemala to share His love, heart, and hands with those there.
Besides the loss in weight over the past 15 weeks, my lab numbers have improved since the first part of April.
Cholesterol: April 4 -> Sept 30
Total 272 239
Triglycerides 268 251
HDL 41 46 (In Range)
VLDL 54 50
LDL 177 143
Ratio 4.3 3.1 (In Range)
Vitamin D 23.6 46.0
Insulin 23.2 22.6
White blood cell, Hematocrit, and Neutrophils (Absolute) are all still high.
In addition to seeing the general doctor, I also went back to the Sleep Center to review my first month of CPAP usage. I am having no obstructive situations with the machine. I still question, if this is what is really causing my sleep issues. I still wake up throughout the night almost like clock-work. I still feel tired in the afternoon/evening and can sleep real well on the couch in the afternoon/evening. He said that losing some more weight can help and maybe lead to not needing the machine at all. Therefore, we will keep trying to get down closer to my college graduating weight. There is still lots to go though.
And if that was not enough doctor visits, I also went back to the foot doctor. Current diagnosis is anterior tarsal tunnel syndrome. It is similar to carpal tunnel syndrome but in the ankle. It manifests itself on the top of the foot due to tendon across the ankle and front of the foot pinching the nerves down the foot. I have read a bit and the pain in the middle of the 1st and 2nd toe is common with this as well as the tingling when the nerve is hit down the top of the foot. He prescribed some nerve cream which should arrive by Monday and also a suggestion for the physical therapist. We will see what DC has to say on Tuesday and where therapy goes from here.
This past week workouts...
Monday - Flexibility, HPT, and PT (8 mins on the bike, 2.2+ miles; electrode therapy btwn toes; coconut therapy calf, shin, ankle, bottom of foot)
Tuesday - Flexibility and HPT
Wednesday - Flexibility, HPT, PT (8 mins on the bike, 2.2+ miles; electrode therapy btwn toes; coconut therapy calf, shin, ankle, bottom of foot)
Thursday - HPT Partial lots of doctors visits and a very long nights sleep into Friday morning
Friday - HPT, Grocery Shopping, Laundry
Saturday - Walking around Georgetown's campus for homecoming followed by hanging out with KB, CB, and the boys (2 3.5 yr olds and 1 10 months old)
Sunday - Last autocross of the season in Lexington. About 3 miles walked. Last event until next spring is next week.
On Monday evening late, I started getting a sore throat that lasted into Wednesday. By Wednesday afternoon, massive sinus pressure was invading my head/nasal cavity area which lasted throughout Thursday. Mostly clear but some slight yellow discharge.
Well that is one large update for you. Thanks again for all of your support, prayers, and helping me stay accountable.
Until next week, blessings from God!
PS La Semana = Week

No comments:
Post a Comment