La Semana Veintiseis: Monday, January 4, 2015 -- 211.8 lbs
La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs
A whirlwind of a couple weeks with the Christmas & New Year's holidays.
La Semana Veinticinco
Christmas week was another rough week. I failed again at following through on my exercises and stretches, and it was really starting to take a toll as my foot began to hurt again. I did wear the insoles in my work shoes, not sure if they help or not. I guess over time we may see how things go.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends celebrating the birth of our Savior!
La Semana Veintiseis
New Year's week, last part of Christmas week, was amazing! On Saturday, December 27, I headed back to Guatemala for an 8 day mission/service trip. Three of us from my church went, and there we met up with two physical therapy graduate student groups. So yes, I spent a week with a large group of PTs.
Over the course of the week, I did, while sitting around waiting for the next step in the travel process or while riding along in the coaster/microbus, fulfill some of my ankle exercises and stretches. I also did a decent job of putting meds on my foot morning and night, which hopefully kept the inflammation down on my left foot and the pain at a minimum.
Unfortunately, I failed to have the extra cushions in my work shoes so my heels were very sore all week, especially after sitting and along them to tighten up. I tried to massage the arch as well. One evening, I received a PT tissue workout on my right foot.
Saturday after Christmas -- Traveling so a lot of flying, but we did walk from Terminal B to E along the moving sidewalks with a bit more walking to get from E to F after our flight was moved.
Sunday -- A lot of standing on the feet helping the PTs receive clients and handle administrative type tasks in addition getting to play with the children. We had a bit of walking as well.
Monday -- Playing with the kids.
Tuesday -- A lot of sitting and observing but stretching the foot.
Wednesday -- Assisting in the mixing of concrete with a shovel, placing it in buckets, and even picking it up the bucket to send inside the house for the flooring. Then there was a jump and a little wadding in the local waterfall, which was very cold to start. So cold it pulled the bruise on my knee to the front causing pain.
Thursday -- A travel day followed by some walking around Antigua.
Friday -- 6+ miles of walking with about 1/2 hour up hill climb to see a beautiful cross and view of Antigua and the volcano Agua. By the end of the day, my feet were really sore especially every time I sat for awhile and then got back up again. Thankfully, as I walked around and moved, the pain minimized though not fully disappearing.
Saturday -- Another day of travel with a bit of walking.
Sunday -- A day for sleeping after arriving at 12:30 am and getting to sleep about 2:30 am
Happy New Year! May your journey begin anew and lead you on wonderful paths! Thanks for your continued viewing and following along on this journey. I hope to get going again and getting in better shape for the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment