Monday, December 22, 2014

La Semana Veintecuatro: Towards Healthy Living

La Semana Veintecuatro: Monday, December 22, 2014 -- 214.6 lbs
La Semana Veintetres (Birthday Week): Monday, December 15, 2014 -- 210.8 lbs
La Semana Veintedos: Monday, December 8, 2014 -- 213 lbs
La Semana Veinteuno (Thanksgiving Week): Monday, December 1, 2014 -- 211.4 lbs

La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs

Next report will come in two weeks as I will be unavailable to weigh in next Monday.

Not really sure what happened this past week, I truly believe I am holding a lot of water because there is no way I gained nearly 4 lbs this week after spending half of it not eating at all. See more information below.

Last Monday, I went to see the Foot Doctor. He still feels that things are progressing in a positive direction. I am to use up the cream and call back when it is gone. Also he suggested getting some 3/4 Powerstep or SuperFeet orthotics for my shoes. So I bought a pair to put in my dress shoes. I guess they are doing okay. I spent half the week not going anywhere. I also really need to work on doing a better job with the ankle exercises and my hip exercises.

Monday -- Accomplished a lot but just not my exercises.

Tuesday -- The one thing I really dislike is a stomach bug and that is what I dealt with from the time I awoke until about 6 pm, every hour or so starting about 6 am. By 3 pm, I swore it should have been midnight. It had been one of the longest days ever. Nothing stayed down until after 5 pm. I spent the day on the couch with a trash can nearby all day. Thankfully things finally settled down and I slept through the night.

Wednesday -- Another day at home trying to recoup from Tuesday. I was not aching but all my back and chest muscles were sore from sleeping on the couch and vomiting all day Tuesday. I did get up and shower and washed clothes, sheets, blankets, etc to rid the apartment of germs. 

Thursday -- A rough start to the morning, feeling a bit nauseous, but went off to work. I believe the core of the issue was the lack of eating the previous days. I managed through the day and then had a lovely evening catching up with a friend at Queen of Sheba, Ethiopian restaurant. I was a bit leery but the idea was great minus the slightly more spicy lentil dish, kik wot. 

Friday -- Feeling much better, actually had a little kick in my step in the morning. Again did not do any exercises and missed flexibility due to craziness at work. I did spend another lovely evening catching up with an old friend and holding/feeding her 4.5 month old.

We also went through a 'Drive-Thru' Christmas that her church put together. It was a nice experience hearing the story of Christ from pre-birth to resurrection with live enactments and story telling by the preacher.

Saturday -- Cupcake & icing making from scratch. This was my first experience at either of those specifically, but from what I hear they were good. The rest of the day was spent visiting a bunch of folks and delivering Christmas presents and 1st birthday present to my godson.

Sunday -- Laundry, kitchen cleaning, present wrapping & clean-up, packing for upcoming trips, and fun @ Bluegrass Indoor Karting (3 races). A few of the ankle exercises.

Have a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! I will return again in the new year!

No comments: