La Semana Cincuenta y Uno: Monday, June 29, 2015 -- 214.8 lbs
La Semana Cincuenta: Monday, June 22, 2015 -- 213.0 lbs (13.8 lbs -- 50 Weeks; -2.0 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cuarenta: Monday, April 13, 2015 -- 216.0 lbs (10.8 lbs -- 40 Weeks; -4.4 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Treinta: Monday, February 2, 2015 -- 211.6 lbs (15.2 lbs -- 30 Weeks; .8 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Veinte: Monday, November 24, 2014 -- 212.4 lbs (14.4 lbs -- 20 Weeks; .2 -- Past 10 Weeks)
La Semana Diez: Monday, September 15, 2014 -- 212.6 lbs (14.2 lbs -- 10 Weeks)
La Semana Cero: Monday, July 7, 2014 -- 226.8 lbs
Hmmm...On Saturday I was still at 213 and then after a very active weekend, I was back up Monday morning who knows, but here is how this past week went.
Monday - As I have mentioned, my knee has been bothering me especially after playing basketball. Therefore, I called last week to schedule a consultation with the physical therapist again. I am seeing the same PT that I saw in the fall and since it is my knees again, I can go without returning to the doctor.
The assessment is primarily for my right knee that has been really irritating me. She said the strength was not bad but the neuromuscular firing is not there and needs work on. Therefore, we are going to continue to work on my hip, balance, and coordination. I will learn more next week. I was sent home with 4 exercises to do on a daily basis.
We did do some exercises amongst all the pulling and tugging to see where everything stood. At the end, I did get some electrode therapy and ice which was great.
Tuesday - Ended up being our last 3-on-3 basketball game. It was an extremely hot day with 90 degree temps and high humidity making it over 100 degree heat index. We ended up finishing 3rd out of 7 teams. It came down to 3 teams potentially all tied for 2nd. We had to win all 3 and lost our 2nd of 3. The other two teams actually played each other and it had to be a 2-1 swing, but it ended up 3 wins by the team that only needed to win 1. It was a great adventure and I am definitely glad that I signed up and played. I look forward to trying it again in the fall. I also scored 1 maybe 2 buckets in the games. I will say hand/eye coordination is horrible. I think part is when the ball lands outside of the view through the glasses it is just a blur.
Surprisingly my knee was not bothering me as bad after this game. That either means I didn't play as hard, as much, or maybe things are getting a bit getter and the ice/electrode therapy helped as well.
Wednesday - The trainer at work took what happened at the PT to modify my work out. We worked a lot on my hips and calves. My calves were killing me afterwards and for several days later. I also did some regular stretching as well as some extra stretching of the calf muscles.
Thursday - I worked from home but did do my PT exercises both the ones given on Monday and the left foot exercises from before.
Friday - I worked from home again and did the same thing as Thursday.
Saturday - Now the adventures really start. I went to Jefferson Memorial Forest to see how hiking would go. I broke the Mitchell Hill Lake Trail into two parts. The first part from the Welcome Center counter clockwise around the lake to the exit of the lake approx 1.66 miles in about 42 mins. I then stopped for a couple hours had a sandwich and did some writing and reflecting. After the break, I finished out the trail back to the Welcome Center approx 1.84 miles in 44 mins.
Amazingly, though both feet were sore, I arrived home and could walk without tremendous pain. The top of the left and the nerves were aggravated and the right heel, but nothing like what I have felt in the past. My long capacity was not great but it could have also been worse. The back hill seemed short. Granted, I had taken a 2 hour break before hitting it.
My knee on the other hand was definitely aggravated when hiking and I feel that it was bothered sooner than usual as I felt it on the first half of the lake trail and really felt it on the back half. It did not stay a consistent pay though there was some lingering pain. Overall, it was a great day with beautiful high 70 degree weather and lower humidity, an amazing day for a hike in June.
Sunday - It is that time of the year so yes I was out on the autocross course. I walked about 2 miles on the course alone and then who knows how much other walking and standing around I did. I drove 5 laps and road a couple as well. It was another beautiful day and again by the end of the day, I was a bit sore but nowhere as bad as I have felt before. I will say my old tennis shoes are done because my feet definitely hurt worse in them than in the newer ones or even my hiking shoes. I was glad that my hiking shoes did not give me a lot of problems.
This coming week, I really start therapy and we will see how things go. I wish you the best on your journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment