Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Insurance

Once upon a time, I actually had good insurance. Then I started working for a company that handles outsourcing for insurance companies and my insurance goes to pot. Does this make sense at all? I didn't really think so.

So today in the mail I get a letter from the Lap companies collections department. Yes I have received a bill not once but twice regarding this payment. And not once but twice I have called both the Lab Company and my insurance and fully explained the situation. The last call the insurance said that they just fixed and paid the bill. This was around April 24. Apparently there is still a huge mix up and if this hurts my credit. I am going to be even more ticked than I already am.

I really don't want to get any more lab work done because it takes several hrs and I guess months to get it corrected again.

Well that is my diatribe on insurance for now :-)

4 comments:

Chris said...

Hope it all works out okay for ya. It's never fun to have to deal with insurance companies... Good luck

BeNotAfraid said...

Thanks C. It did all work out when I called the lab today. They had finally received the payment from the inurance company it only took 4 months. Oh well hopefully it is truely taken care of now. Have to wait and see.

Ashlee said...

Don't even talk about insurance w/ me! I have the worst insurance possible! Max pay of $5,000!! Maybe someday I'll have a *real* job with real insurance.

BeNotAfraid said...

Good luck..having a good job does not mean having good insurance. Trust me I know. Actually when I worked at Georgetown College, I had better insurance than I do now with this job. And who knows what will happen in the near future.