Thursday, February 24, 2005

What a Tuesday?

Driving down I-64 to work, running a bit behind, I was noticing the uniqueness of all the different cars as I passed, as I normal do when conscious enough. When I came up behind an automobile with a unique Official Kentucky State Department license plate. As I got closer, it was the automobile of a State Senator, sure enough it was Damon Thayer, State Senator from Georgetown. Reason I know is because his pic is in the Georgetown NewsGraphic on a rather consistent basis. Don't believe that I could say I have came across a State Senator before driving down the road.

Then driving down I-75, approaching Newtown Pike from Georgetown, I began to approach a car with a Georgetown College license plate. These always interest me because I always wander if I know the individual in the car. The license number was still a bit blurry especially after having had my eyes dilated not 40 minutes earlier. When I finally got close enough to read the plate, it read 0001. Sure enough there was the Georgetown College President, Bill Crouch. He ended up following me to downtown Lexington, where the lights ended up separating us.

All of this happened after being awakened at 3:30 am to update records in production for work. It was an extremely long day all starting with me getting to work around 9 and having to leave at 3:30 to get my eyes checked.

Good News...my eye sight has not gotten much worse in the past 3 years. Woohoo. I am going to try contacts, and finally remembered the reason I would kind of like to be able to wear contacts. Playing sports...my eye sight has worsen enough that I really do need to wear glasses when playing basketball or tennis, or I am sure other sports. That's just too dangerous to me, plus the glasses get all sweaty. So maybe with contacts I will exercise more. :-)

No comments: